Thursday, December 1, 2011

It sucks getting old...

It doesn't happen often, but every now and then I feel quite old.  Normally it is my son doing something like not knowing how to use a rotary phone, but today it is more of a physical thing. 

My back hurts.  I don't think my chair, at work, has enough support.  It may be that I am not getting enough excercise.  Hell I'm getting tired just watching a hockey game on the television.

My hands hurt.  It has been getting cooler and the temperature change is making my arthritis act up.  Sometimes it hurts to make a fist.  I wince at a firm handshake.

My knees hurt.  Arthritis again.  I was pretty hard on them with all of the sports I was involved with when I was younger.

But, to tell you the truth.  The thing that hurts me the most is my ego.

Screw you body.  Tomorrow I'm going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment