Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Adventures at work

I answer the phone and the customer tells me that his computer has a blue screen error.

I ask him if he rebooted.

Customer: “No I did not.”

Me: “Ok. Please reboot the computer. This normally brings it back up.”

About 10 seconds pass by.

Customer: “It didn’t work.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer (a little exasperated): “It didn’t work.”

Me: “You rebooted?”

Customer: “Yeah. I turned it off and when I turned it back on the blue screen error was there again.”

Me: “Where is the power button located?”

Customer: “On my computer.”

Sigh…

Me: “Where exactly?”

Customer: “On the lower right hand corner of the monitor.”

Me: “Alright. There is another power button located on the box.”

Customer: “Nothing happens when I push that button.”

Me: “Please hold the button in for 10 seconds.”

Customer (after 10 seconds): “Ok, that worked. The computer is off now.”

Long pause.

Me: “Is it booting up?”

Customer: “Do you want me to turn it on?”

Me: “Yes. Please.”

I hear the Windows start up over the phone.

Customer: “That worked. Thank you.”

Me: “You’re welcome. Have a nice day.”

At least he wasn’t rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment