Thursday, March 10, 2011

Damn it…

We need to cover an overnight shift for a Friday night. This means the person covering is working until 7am Saturday morning.

My boss emails me wanting me to work 6pm to 5am (my normal shift is 6pm to 2am). He was thinking that the normal 5am person would be in. I reminded him that it was a Saturday and no one would be in until 7am. Here is his reply:

What I will do is let you off early next Thursday probably around 10 or 11pm and you can come in at   8pm for the Friday shift and work until 7am person arrives.


I know it will be a long shift and I appreciate that fact that you can handle it for me.


Let’s talk about this when I get in tonight

Wow.

Really?

Can I work that please?

Here is my reply to that:

Oh that was well written.

What can I say? He’s a good boss. I’ll be working that Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment