Wednesday, February 16, 2011

That which has been heard cannot be unheard

I was walking past the rest rooms at our local Walmart. A cute girl in her early twenties comes bouncing out and sits on her boyfriend’s lap. She looked very please with herself.


She giggles and leans over close to her boyfriend’s ear. “I just dropped a deuce in the Walmart restroom.” She laughs out loud.

She could have at least made an attempt to keep her voice down. Maybe even whisper.

I understand that this is a bodily function all humans do. I also understand that women/girls talk to their friends like this (privately). I would even expect to overhear something like this in a dorm. Not in public though.

I didn’t want to know that. I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing it. That would have made me happy.

Men like to think of women as sugar and spice. We like to spoil them and treat them as something special. We know you can talk like a sailor, but normally we do not want to hear it. Please don’t shatter our illusions of you. Thank you on behalf of most men.

No comments:

Post a Comment